The Wealden Model Aircraft Society flying site in Rotherfield is designated as an IC and and electric site. Aeroplanes are not limited in size however please keep noise to a minimum. The field is located just outside Rotherfield in East Sussex – see below for directions. Postcode is TN6 3RS.
All internal combustion (IC) and Ducted Fan aircraft require noise testing before flying
Please contact John Passmore to arrange your test. (No Jet Turbines are permitted)
Flying Times: Daily
- IC Aircraft – 10.00am – 8.00pm
- Ducted Fan Aircraft (EDF) – 10.00am – 8.00pm
- Electric Aircraft – 10.00am –
On arrival at the Farm
Turn into the drive and stop in front of the gate on the left. Drive through the gate and park in the yard (room permitting or in the field at the end or when wet on the road or yard).
Once at the Farm drive through the left gate (close it behind you) and park near the end of the yard or in the field. NOTE: Do not drive into the field when it is wet. When wet if there are too many cars in the yard then please park on the road and walk round.
Site Specific Rules
Please refer to the Club Rules page for full rules
- All Aircraft must be noise tested
- All sizes of aircraft are permitted but be mindfiul of your ability to fly in the space allowed
- Aircraft that have already passed noise tests in other BMFA clubs may not retesting please – contact John Passmore with details of your tests.
- Proof of noise testing must be shown as required
- During dry weather you may park in the yard or field
- The pole and windsock are located in the green shed nearest the field – please erect on arrival
- When wet there must be no parking in the field please use the yard or preferably the roadside verge
- Do not block any gate access as this is a working farm
- Please stick to the mown pathways to avoid trreading on the grass (will be used for feed)
- Close any gates behind you
- Dogs MUST be on a lead – this is a working farm
- Litter must be removed as there are no facilities to dispose of waste
Freemans Farm, Five Ashes Road, Rotherfield, East Sussex, TN6 3RS
From the South: – From the A267 heading north take Horleigh Green Road which merges into Five Ashes road heading to Rotherfield the farm is located approximately 1 mile from the A267.
From the North:- Take the A267 south and take the Catt’s Hill turning on the right at Mark Cross. Drive through Town Row towards Rotherfield turning left at the T junction in the High Street. Follow the direction below.
From Rotherfield: Head south from the High Street and Mayfield Road. Take the left turn to Five Ashes Road – Freemans Farm is located on the right after approx 1 mile. There is a white sign at the entrance.
The flying site is very local for Crowborough, Uckfield, Tunbridge Wells, residents so get in touch – all local and further afield are welcome!