The Wealden Model Aircraft Society flying site near Berwick is designated as both an IC and and electric site. Aeroplanes are not limited in size but noise limits apply, 82db. The field is located near Drusillas on the A27 just outside Berwick in East Sussex – see below for directions.
Monday to Friday, if the gate is unlocked when you arrive please leave it open, at the weekend even if the gate was open when you arrived please ensure it is closed and locked when you leave, thank you.
Please contact a committee member for the lock combination.
Flying Times: Daily
- IC Aircraft – 10.00am – 7.00pm
- Ducted Fan Aircraft (EDF) – 10.00am – 7.00pm
- Electric Aircraft – 10.00am – DUSK
Site Specific Rules
Please refer to the Club Rules page for full rules
- All aircraft must operate on 2.4GHz or 35MHz ODD Frequencies only
- During dry weather you may park in the field. When wet please park on the concrete area on the road leading to the field don’t drive into the field as you will most likely get stuck and ruin the track!
- IMPORTANT: Please close all gates behind you
- Dogs MUST be on a lead – this is a working farm
- Litter must be removed as there are no facilities to dispose of waste
Nr Berwick and Drusillas, A27 East Sussex
The site is situated just off the A27 near Alfriston, approximately 6 miles from Eastbourne and 12 miles from Brighton on the Alfriston Road which is just off the A27.
From the North:- Take the A22 heading south until you reach the junction of the A27 and A2270. Take the A27 west along the Lewes Road for approximately 3 miles and turn right 200m before the Drusillas roundabout through the metal gate.
From the East: – Take the A27 west towards Berwick on the Lewes Road for approximately 3 miles and turn right 200m before the Drusillas roundabout through the metal gate.
From the West: – Take the A27 east towards Berwick on the Lewes Road. At the Drusillas roundabout (Station Road is north and Alfriston Road is South (Drusillas) go straight over the roundabout the gate to the field is 200m on the left.